February 20, 2010

Grace

She is a busy girl. It is fun to see what kinds of things she can entertain herself with. She got a couple of toy cell phones for Christmas, they were a big hit! Now she can talk on the phone whenever she wants to. Or "hone" as she calls it.
She also got a princess tea set. I can not tell you how much she loves it. There is not a day that goes by that she does not play with it for a little while. As can be expected with a toddler in the house, pieces have started to go missing. I think most of the spoons are gone and a couple of cups have wandered off. (They are probably around the house somewhere, or in the bottom of the toy box). She likes to pretend to pour tea from the teapot into the cups and drink it.
One day she discovered the empty baby food jars in a drawer in the kitchen. The first thing she did was to shove her hands in two of them and walk around like that. Don't worry, they were not stuck, just tight enough that they would not fall off if she made a fist.

What a silly little girl!

A friend from work gave me a some spring themed stickers for Grace. I have never given her stickers before so didn't know what she would do with them. We stuck them on her shirt first because that seemed like the right thing to do. I turned around to work on supper for a while and when I turned back this is what I saw.

Here is a closer one. She stuck them on her feet! Who knows where she got that but now every time we give her a sticker she sticks it right on her socks. Or if she does not want the sticker, it goes on either mine or Eric's feet.

I have been giving her stickers for going on her potty and she promptly puts them on her socks. The thing is that stickers don't stick so well to socks and get rubbed off pretty quickly. I am rethinking my decision to give out stickers willy-nilly now that there are little star stickers all over the house. Oh well, she likes them and is always asking for more so I'll just pick up stickers off the floor until she is tired of stickers ... next week.

2 comments: