They played on the lowest skill, youngest age group team this year. Watching the games was a little comical at times. The coaches were always out on the field to show kids how to hold the bat, point them in the right direction when it was time to run and encourage them to watch the ball!
Grace was not very interested for the first few practices, she does not like to run so that was a struggle for her. She did become more into the game as the season went on. She went from sitting in the outfield playing with grass or dirt to standing on her base and watching for the ball.
The park is only one block from our house so I couldn't see a reason not to try out T-ball this year. Our kids need to get some kind of organized physical activity and sports knowledge and I need a reason to leave the house everyday. (If there isn't a reason, I will tend to busy myself with things to do inside and whole days will go by.) And, now that grandpa is no longer milking cows, Grandpa and Grandma D were able to come to most home games! It was fun for the kids to have more people cheering for them and I got talk to them.
I'm glad they had that opportunity this summer and a little sad that it is already over. We will probably try to get them into it again in the next few summers. Next year I will sign JJ up too and try to run some of that energy out of him!






No comments:
Post a Comment