Grace is my parent's only granddaughter so my mom loves picking out girlie things for her. The highlight for Grace was the pedicure set, complete with several colors of nail polish and stickers for decoration.
The boys got Legos, which would have tied in perfectly with the Lego Movie that we planed to get them for Christmas. If I would have remembered to pick it up before Christmas. I got it a couple days after on sale so it worked out.
Three days after Christmas, we celebrated with Eric's family. Grace was sick Christmas Eve, Micah was sick Christmas day, I got it Friday and Eric got it Saturday. The kids and I were able to make it to Eric's sister's house but he had to stay home. There is always so much yummy food at that Christmas. I was sick the day before and hadn't eaten much but managed to put away a bowl of chili and several plates of appetizers and treats. The whole family lives close by so everyone is always there.
The cousins picture has changed several time over the last six years. There are now eight cousins, the oldest is 21 and the youngest will be 1 in a couple of weeks. I'm glad my kids have cousins living close by that are near in age. I did when I was young and it was great.
So now Christmas is done and packed away for another year. The kids are playing with all the new, exciting things they received and I am happy to put all the wrapping and decorations back in their storage boxes. On to a new year and new excitement!






I did not grow up close to cousins (in fact, my cousins are all 30 yrs older than me), but my kids are. It's fun!
ReplyDelete