January 07, 2014

Christmas Preparations


Yes, I know Christmas is already past.  But you may have noticed I haven't blogged in almost two months so I have a little catching up to do.  We are home schooling the older two this year so I was motivated to help them do some Christmas themed crafts.  They decorated a Christmas tree one day and a Nativity scene another day. 


I discovered that I love two-sided tape.  It is so much easier to use than glue.  Craft time has to be supervised anyway so it doesn't take any extra time out of my day to rip off a few pieces of tape for the kids.  Glue works fine for bigger items but the Christmas tree ornaments were pretty small. 



Grace and I hand-made a couple Christmas gifts for her cousins.  I made matching dresses for her and one of her only girl cousins.  The second dress, for her, was a secret so she thought she was just trying the dress on to see if it would fit her cousin.  It should fit her for a while, hopefully through next summer, I made hers pretty long.  Making presents was a lot of fun, I hope we can do more together next year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment