July 13, 2012

Let's go outside

Tonight we are enjoying the nice weather by playing in the street. It has been so hot this week that the kids have not had their regular outside playtime. Walking to the post office has been temporarily put on hold as well. That daily walk makes my day a lot better. It is so nice to get out in the fresh air and, bonus, we avoid trying to find a parking spot downtown. The kids sleep so much better when we get outside. And we all know how important it is for kids to sleep well!
Maybe to avoid the heat the kids and I should get up early. We could walk to the post office, mailbox store and supermarket while it is still cool. Then while it is hot they can eat and nap inside. I know this is not a new concept and I am not the first person to have that revelation. Maybe we could all take a nap, myself included, and spend time outside later in the evening. I feel like we are wasting the long evenings and early mornings.  Before you know it, the days will be getting shorter and we will be forced inside because of the cold, instead of the heat.
Now excuse me while I wash the dirt off my son's mouth. It seems that he has been enjoying the evening outside by eating dirt. Lovely. 



1 comment: