June 18, 2012

Birthday Extravaganza

Grace had a birthday last week and we filled the day with as much fun as possible!  My mom's group meets at the park next door to our house on Tuesdays so we were going to start there but the city was mowing the grass so we decided to go to a different park.  Grace always asks to go to a park we pass on the way to church so we went there.  I usually get tired of watching the kids at the park long before they are ready to go but we stayed for over an hour. 

We walked across the street to the visitors center and walked around the museum.  The kids found a few things they thought were interesting but I was so worried about making sure they didn't touch or break anything we walked through pretty fast.  The lady working at the gift shop gave the kids cookies then we got ice cream.  I let Grace choose the flavors she wanted.  I would have thought she would pick the pink cherry flavor or the raspberry swirl but she wanted two different flavors with caramel swirls and chocolate chunks. 


After ice cream we went back to the park for a little while longer then home for lunch.  I stuck a candle in Grace's sandwich. 


After lunch some of Grace's friends came over.  I put the boys down for a nap, the oldest girl stayed to watch the boys then Grace, the two other girls and I went to the water park in town.  Grace begs to go every time we drive past so I thought she would have fun.  We stayed for a little over two hours and they still wanted to stay!



We are having the wife and baby son of a guy Eric works with stay with us for a few days so they can all spend time together.  They showed up shortly after we got home from the pool.  The house was a bit chaotic for a while with them getting the car unloaded and bringing in the baby and our kids running circles with the three extra girls that were still over.  We finally sat down for supper then Grace's birthday cake.  She requested a birthday cake with purple frosting so that is what she got!



After all that fun Grace was really tired.  I turned on the TV so the kids could sit down and calm down before bed time.  I think Grace sat in the chair for less than ten minuets before she fell asleep.  She was so sound asleep that she didn't even move when I carried her to her room and put her in bed.  It was fun to do all those things with her and the boys for her birthday.  She is growing up to be such a pretty, fun little girl.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful birthday for your little Princess Ballerina! And as far as your wife & baby ... "Whatever you have done for the least of them you have done unto Me." You and Eric are a blessing to so many people!!

    Love ya! Wendy

    ReplyDelete