June 09, 2012

Cute Smiles

JJ is such a funny little guy.  I love watching him run around, he's so busy! Now that I'm home all the time with the kids there are more opportunities for me to get to know their personalities.  JJ does not know many real words yet but he "talks" a lot! 


It is fun to watch him run around at the park, he thinks he can climb anything and he will try too.  He just discovered yesterday that he can climb up on our bed.  Our bed is reasonably tall, I think our puppy Lila was at least six months old before she could jump up there.  She can jump pretty high too.  Sometimes I send Grace and Micah to sit on a bed when they are tired of JJ pulling their hair or hitting them with toys.  Guess I'll just have to teach JJ to be nice now.  But come on, could you be harsh to someone with that cute face? 



JJ does not know many real words yet but his blanket was among the first things he came up with a word for.  He calls it: deedee, or sometimes: Oh dee!  All three of my kids have managed to become attached to a blanket (or in Micah's case, two) but I think JJ gets the most comfort from his.  Like my mother, I don't usually let the kids drag blankets around the house.  Blankets are for bed time. Also if they are not pulled around the house hopefully they will hold together a bit longer and hopefully the kids won't feel like they need to take blankies whenever they go somewhere.  As the baby, JJ is a special case.  We took his deedee along almost every time we left the house. It comforted him in unfamiliar situations, meaning I could leave him in the nursery at church or MOPS.  We have started leaving deedee at home and he seems to be okay most of the time. 


I hope he loves the deedee for a long time.  He is more likely to let me cuddle him if he is wrapped in it.  And let's be honest, most of the things I do are thinly disguised attempts to get more hugs from my baby. 


1 comment:

  1. He is such a cuddle bug anyway ... don't grow up too fast, JJ, thankful you are light enough for me to pick up yet.

    Love & hugs, Grandma D.

    ReplyDelete