February 05, 2009

Winter is getting long!

I'm pretty sure that all I think about is food. Here are a couple pictures. I had a bunch of extra time one day (wonder what I was putting off that day?) so I whipped up some baby food for Grace. We had half a bag of split peas and the end of a bag of carrots so I cooked them, ground the cooked product up and froze my creations in empty baby food containers from the store. I was quite proud of my work. Now if only Grace liked peas!
Tonight we had BLTs for supper, Eric likes them a lot. But when I was frying the bacon all I could think of was Sunday morning breakfast. Thoughts of fluffy pancakes and crisp bacon filled my head. And who can forget the one person out of eight that refused to eat pancakes and got her eggs fried in bacon grease. The same person who fondly calls 80's worship music 'pancake music' because it reminds her of long drives to church with all that bacon grease sitting in her stomach rolling around. Sorry Anna, I couldn't help it!
And now on to the real fun. Grace likes to be with us whenever she can. We discovered that the kitchen drawers are too hard for her to pull out so she can stand up with them while I am cooking. Eric pulled it out because then it looks like she is helping me with the dishes. Cute! I like this picture because her eyes are so big and blue.


I wanted to get a picture of Grace when Papa comes home. Most nights I get home before Eric and try to get supper started before he comes home and Grace gets too hungry. I have been putting Grace in her seat and feeding her a little applesauce to hold her over. When she hears Eric coming in down stairs she tries to see around the door-way and see him coming up. Here she was looking at the doorway and waiting for him.



There's Papa! She gets so excited to see him. I really should have posted a video for this part because she jumps up and down and yells at him.



This week I have been putting Grace on the floor in her room while I make supper and work in the kitchen. There is a door directly into the kitchen so I can keep an eye on her and make sure she does not get into trouble. She has been having fun playing with her toys and exploring her room. She is still learning how crawling forward works so sometimes I will go in there and she has backed under her bed or the bench.





She is such a ham! I tried to get one of her playing but she was very interested in the camera and wanted to take it from me. That alone is motivation to crawl forward! The wood floor makes that a little more challenging but she works hard and here she comes. I like how happy she is in the evening.



2 comments:

  1. AAAHHHH!!! Grace is sooooo CUTE!!!! When can we see her again? Oh, and I guess you can come along too.

    I was flipping through radio stations today and stopped to listen to some "pancake music"-Jackson loved it! Excuse me, I feel carsick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace is getting so big!! All of your pictures are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete