January 12, 2016

Baller

My little girl started her very first basketball practice Sunday.  Little girls can sign up for basketball skills training for a couple weeks here in January.  Floppy Moppy did the same kind of thing with wrestling this fall.  My kids are not very skilled or knowledgeable in sports yet and I have no interest in learning at this point so it works out perfectly for me.  I spend an hour or so three to five times waiting in a school hallway or gym and my kids learn the basics of a sport.   They can each try a couple of sports out this way and decide for themselves if they want to continue as they get older or if they are not interested.


I am probably setting myself up for a busy couple of years through high school.  My kids are only one year apart each which means I will have kids in high school for six consecutive years with all three being in high school for two of those.  We may have to decide how many sports the kids can be involved in at once. I'm trying to imagine the logistics of three kids in after school sports before anyone knows how to drive.  Thankfully our district does not offer swimming, hockey or soccer, thus limiting the possibilities!


Micah loved wrestling and Grace seems to like basketball so far.  I'm glad they get to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment