March 20, 2015

Spring Update

The boys caught can cozies at the St Patty's Day parade and have been using them in an unconventional way.  They are still holding out hope that I will give them a can of pop every day so they can be used for their intended purpose but until then this is how they are being used. 


Grace is getting pretty good at reading so I had her read an easy book to the boys the other day.  It was one JJ liked a lot that week.  I read it several times before I realized that the words were generally easy and the story was short enough that Grace could be reading it to him.  She did so good, I was proud of her. 


We had a drastic weather change for a few days last week. Temps reached almost 70 for a couple of days.  It is back down to the normal for this year, 25-40, but that was so nice!  The kids spent as much time as they could outside and we walked to school as much as possible.  All the bikes, trikes, pedal tractors and the scooter were dug out of winter storage.  Everyone does better than they did last year.  I have even let the boys try riding trikes and tractors on our walks to school.  Last year I had to push them up the hills and hold on to them when we went down.  Riding to school was a huge hassle for me because we live at the bottom of a hill, there is no way to get to school without  pushing them up a steep hill.  Micah has progressed to doing it all on his own, he is such a great helper for me.  JJ still needs some help getting up that first long hill but he does surprisingly well the rest of the way. 



I am looking forward to spending a lot of time riding bikes and walking with the kids this summer.  I started running three days a week as soon as it got warm and hope to keep that up.  My new phone had a fitness app pre loaded so I am motivated to get in my 10,000 steps in a day.  It can't be done if I don't get outside.  We walk to school three times on Tuesday/Thursday, when it is nice, then I can pretty easily meet the steps goal.  On other days though I am averaging around 8,000.  Hopefully I can keep up the running and start feeling better about myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment