April 20, 2013

First Haircut

So I finally caved and gave my baby his very first haircut. He turned two at the end of January but just does not have much hair. It was getting pretty long in the front, I brushed it away from his eyes all the time. We went to a professional for both of the other two's first but I was feeling pretty confident with myself this time. Micah needed a trim so I warmed up the scissors on him. Remembering my past haircut fails on Micah I didn't try anything drastic and it turned out pretty well. Feeling extra confidence, I surged on to JJ.  It didn't go well. I started with a big snip across the front hoping to have a nice lock of hair to save. I got most of the area around his ears trimmed before he decided he was done. Guess what his hair looked like after that half-haircut. Short in the front and on the sides, long and curly in the back. Yep, my baby had a mullet. It was awesome.
This morning I asked him if I could finish it up and he was so excited he ran to look for the scissors. Knowing he would not sit for long I did my best on the back first. It turned out pretty well. I tried pulling his hair straight out from his head through my fingers and trimming the ends that way. It worked a lot better than how I used to cut Micah's. Trying to cut straight across his forehead or the back of his head never works! That stick straight hair shows every little mistake. I'm okay with how both of the boys look so would consider this round of haircuts a success. Enjoy these pictures of my little monkey post first haircut!

2 comments:

  1. You should have left the mullet. Little kids look great with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Mamma!

    G&G D.

    ReplyDelete