July 03, 2011

Little Camper on the Prairie

For those of you that have been wondering what our new home looks like here is a little tour. We have the end lot on a dead end street that is about a block long. There is a park behind us and nothing behind that. It is nice to live on a relatively quiet street where I can let the kids go outside and not worry about a crazy pickup running them down. I have never lived in a town where there is such a high concentration of pickups. Every place on our street has at least one. The people behind us have two Hummers as well. A quick survey of the first thirty cars to pass by on the main street in town revealed these results:
4 cars
2 mini vans
2 jeep/SUVs
22 pickups
Just a little statistics fun for you!
Anyway, back to the tour of our home. You have arrived.
Watch out for the fierce watch-dog. She is chained up so she doesn't bite you! Just kidding, a 12 lb dog can't do much damage.
Walk into the front door (the right hand door looking at the outside of the camper.) Note baby JJ on the couch.
We will begin by turning left into the kitchen and dining room.
View of the left end of the camper living area, dining room table, kitchen sink, dishes from last night drying on the counter, baby tub that does not really fit in the bathroom sitting on top of a stack of storage tubs.
Look down the hall to the fancy, new washer and dryer!! Yes ladies and gentlemen we forked over the money to have a washer and dryer installed. And no I don't feel one bit guilty. It is nice, new, and right in the camper so I don't have to drag three little kids to a laundry mat and try to entertain them while trying to get clothes washed as quickly as possible. And I was the very first person to use them, I have never seen a lint trap as clean as the one in that dryer before the very first load.
The bathroom is across the hall from the "laundry room", it's not that exciting so I didn't take a picture. Travel size toilet, travel size sink, miniature tub, hair product, towels, toothpaste.
Grace and Micah's room is at the end of the hall. The cupboards fold down into a third bed. When JJ is big enough for a bed we will move the other two up one and put him where Micah is sleeping in this picture. For now it is storage/guest bed.
Turn around and walk back to the kitchen, here is a view of the rest of the living area. The master suite is behind the door on the end.
Here is our room, complete with sleeping princess.
There you have it! Our little camper on the prairie.

3 comments:

  1. You sure have made it homey! So thankful you can be home with your babes now!! All of your writing and comments are so upbeat! God is Good!

    Love, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the pictures! I don't know how I missed not knowing these were on here, Dad saw them. Wonderful, love the little beds for the munchkins!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe they are all sleeping at the same time!!!! The best part about your new home is that you can come visit us at a moments notice without needing to pack anything!

    ReplyDelete