The county fair was last month and I am just now getting to posting some pictures. Guess I probably have other things to do! The fun started Thursday night with the antique and garden tractor pull. Eric pulled again this year, he not only pulled his tractor a couple times, he used one from the farm a couple times too. I just noticed when I looked through my pictures that I don't have any pictures of him pulling with his tractor. I must have just gotten video of that. But here is one of him pulling one from the farm in the garden tractor class.

Eric's nephew Tyler also drove one of the tractors. I don't remember how any of them did, need to work on that next year! I do remember that the announcer commented that he thought the Duske's had a tractor just like that. Haha, Duske grandson!

Here is Eric's brother driving yet another Oliver.

The next morning was 4H cow judging. Here are Tyler and Gabby showing dairy steers (?).

Funny story about the steer below. Shortly before judging Gabby had him tied up behind the stands and he broke his halter and ran away. Eric and several others chased him for quite a while. It was a little stronger than they were anticipating and it ended up running one guy down and getting away a couple time when they thought they had him. Needless to say, by the time they got him back he was still a little jumpy and it was only a couple minuets before Gabby had to show him. She did such a good job!

Gabby's Cow/calf won the top prize and she got to show them at the state fair a couple weeks later.

I like going to the fair, when I was younger it was always the weekend of my birthday. This year we walked around and found a few of the things that Gabby entered. We ate a lot! There were some very yummy things. I always have a corn dog because they are probably my favorite fair food. The fair was a little easier this year than last. Last year Grace was a newborn and needed to be nursed and it was very hot out for her. This time she got to roll around in her stroller and see everything. We took her into the kid's barn to see the chicks, potbelly pigs and sheep. She tried to poke the pigs with a piece of straw. It is so much fun to show her everything.
Great pictures of Ty & Gabby - Cliff is in the one with Ty pulling with the Oliver - great times! Grandma D.
ReplyDelete