June 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Grace!

Yesterday we had Grace's birthday party. She got a pool from Daddy and Mommy. She never wants to get out of the bathtub so we thought a pool would be pretty fun for her. Our deck gets very hot so we put the pool up there and the water warmed up quickly. I wish you could see her splashing around, she soaked through her dress in about 10 seconds! Surprisingly, she did not try to get in, she tries to get in the tub on her own and the sides are much higher than the pool's. I'll have to dig out a swimsuit for her so she can go in the water next weekend.

Here is her pretty pink birthday cake, don't worry, I didn't make that myself! The wife of a friend of Eric's made it for us. It was just how I had pictured it, Grace did not end up getting any of this cake though......
Grandma made her a little cake to eat all by her self. She was just in a diaper and a bib and I thought at the last second to pull her chair off the carpet and into the kitchen, good thing I did!

She started off slow picking little pieces off the top of the cake.

Then she really got into it. There was cake everywhere! It was fun to watch her dig into it and try to eat it all. I am actually surprised that she didn't rub any in her hair, she usually does rub some of her food in her hair.

We thought it would be best to give her a bath rather than trying to use a washcloth. By that time the pool water was nice and warm so Papa took her out there and washed all the cake off. The water was pretty dirty when she was done!

This is the closest to posed we could get two big kids and four little kids. I had never gotten a chance to get a picture of Grace with all of her cousins on either side and all were at the party from both sides. If you look closely to the right of Gabby, you can see Jackson. He got down in a crack in the couch next to her and all that sticks out are his bushy blond curls, so cute!

Grace got a lot of cool presents. She was so tired by that time I was surprised that she was even interested. But she sat on my lap and played with them as I opened for her. Here she is with a blanket from Grandpa and Grandma, she loved how soft it is.
The last present was a little pink bed from Uncle Garret and Aunt Amber. She is going to have to give up her pack-n-play when the little guy comes along and now she has a cute little bed to sleep in. Amber made a soft pink blanket for it too. I think Grace liked it, she climbed right up on it and crawled all over! It will be fun to change her room and put her new bed in it in a couple months.

We love our little girl and it is fun to see how quickly she has changed in the past year. She is so much fun to play with and I love seeing all the things she is learning. This morning she put her hands on both sides of my face and said: Mama. It was so sweet. Happy Birthday Grace, we love you very much!

2 comments:

  1. What a great first birthday party for Grace Marie - so good that she could have her family around her! Thank you Eric & Tina - a wonderful day!

    Dad & Mom/Grandpa & Grandma D.

    ReplyDelete